Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's looking like a blanket!!!

Last night I came home from work and my boyfriend was there finishing up dinner for both of us. He said he did that so I could relax. So sweet!
Although relaxing was not what I had planned for evening, I was happy to alter my plans since he was so nice to do that for me. So I thought, just a little quilting, then I will get busy. As the hours passed I thought of all the other things I could be doing, like exercising and cleaning. But I repeatedly just wanted to get the next part finished. It was getting so close, and looking less like a pile of random fabric and more like a blanket. The nine-block square I was forced to make turned out well, and I like the smaller pieces so much better. (not enough to change the rest though. next time.) So once I had my strips done, putting them together seemed like just a little step.
The only thing that stopped me from completing the top was that I couldn't find my last square. So I ended the night with one strip short of the whole quilt top. Doesn't it look better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment