Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quilted

I am so excited. I got to see pictures of the quilting on my Modern Baby Quilt that I finished here. Natalia from PieceNQuilt designed the pattern, and so I had to have her quilt it too. From the pictures it looks like she did a wonderful job, and I can't wait to see it (and feel it) in person and then share it with my friend this weekend. I better get the binding made and ready to go on! (See her site for pictures)

Speaking of quilting, I got my little blanky quilted this weekend too. It's not perfect, but turned out better than my first blanket (which I would link to if the page would appear). 1- straight lines, not so straight (from following "ditch") 2- only a couple pinches, at end of quilted area, so not much I could at that point. 3- I really want to take my extra fabric at the ends and roll them over instead of binding. I tried it on one side with a basting zig zag. It looks cute on the front, but I don't trust my quilting stitches to stay in the back; and it will look kinda funny. But with no certain recipient, this is going to be put aside for the week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna discourage #3...

    Great job on getting better with your quilting!

    And the pics of your Modern Baby Quilt look so great! :)

    ReplyDelete