Monday, October 25, 2010

One Week Challenge

Jenn - October 18, 2010 - 4:53 pm
I need to buy, cut, and sew snowball corners on the 64 HST I made. I have gotten stuck on my latest quilt – I have plenty of excuses too.

This is what I said I would do last week for the challenge on Amy's Creative Side blog. Let me say this - I am sooo happy I did not commit to pressing them. I was thinking that I would be getting ready to piece them, but that didn't happen.  However I do have a nice pile of half square triangles with snowball corners; although, they look rather odd unpressed.
Part 1- buy. I ended up buying a different backing instead and using what I planned as a back to be the front. It was the best choice.
Part 2- cut. Although it is a simple thing to cut squares, I really prefer pre-cut fabric. 128 2 inch squares is a lot - and then I had to draw sew lines on them...
Part 3- I broke this up into pieces. I did some wedding planning and got to spend quality time with my finance. Wasn't really home much this weekend - church Sat and Sun morning. Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party for a 3 year old Saturday afternoon and a bridal bizarre Sunday afternoon.

So, did I make it.... not really. I think I have about 20-30 little seams left to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment