Thursday, December 1, 2011

Like a kid on Christmas

I had some birthday money from just about 2 months ago, and have been wavering on what to get with it. I knew what I wanted. Some Terrain fabric by Kate Spain. I have been drooling over the colors since it came out. I love jewel tones and knew that I would make a personal wrap-myself-up-on-the-couch-quilt with it if I could. But it isn't cheap. I thought, maybe a fat quarter bundle! Even when they were on sale, it was way more than my $30 gift card. 
Fast forward a few weeks, and I think layer cake! I searched online and found one for $25 on etsy. With shipping costs, it was just what I had. WooHoo!
...
I got it in the mail last night, oh it is so beautiful. Beautiful maroon, hot pink, lovely shades of teal... aaah, love. I'm not a big a fan orange, but I might just have to use that too as it all coordinates so well. 

I can't wait to carve out some time to sew it all together. I am going to have to stop by the LQS to get some coordinating solids. I might just do some sashing with different colors in the cross part and a border. I am going to have to work out all the measurements and fabric variations to see what works best. Basically I am less concerned with the details of the quilt and more interested in showing off the fabric!
....
modabakeshop.com ideas:
What if I got solids for the back and made this 2x as big?
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/11/cathedral-window-baby-playmat.html

This looks like more work than my original idea, but I think it would be gorgeous. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/09/ruby-pearl-and-opal-quilt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment