Friday, May 21, 2010

A learning process

This has certainly been a learning process; I have run into several bumps along the road. But I think this is normal; quilting is not an easy thing to do. I have enjoyed it though. And I am looking forward to trying my hand at another.
All I have left to do is put the quilt sandwich together quilt and bind it. Wow, that actually sounds like a lot. But first I will have to go back to the store. I didn't buy a large enough piece of batting. I guess that I will have to make another, smaller, quilt. Perhaps I will do one that is more artistic, and could be used as a wall hanging. I would like to make it as a gift. So I will think about for who... hmm. I am also interested in using just black and white. Maybe I will do something small like a pillow... oh this can be fun.
Yesterday's thoughts:
I was looking at one of the quilts Ruth has in her office. There are lots of small pieces put together. And they don't all line up perfectly. I thought that was great. I figured her blocks would fit nicely, and mine would be a mess, but mine weren't off any more than hers. That makes me proud. I am looking forward to finishing it. In fact I would rather be home righ now that sitting at work with nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment