Saturday, August 21, 2010

sew busy

I went to a local quilt store.
(Rosie's Calico Cupboard)

They have lots of fabric. However, they didn't have the Moda Bella Solids I was looking for... but they have a huge selection of Robert Kauffman solids. So I found one that works for my stems and leaves.
...They also had some yardage of the Eden line I am making my baby quilt with....
I got some.
I am going to make the mommy and baby some matching items. I think this dress for the baby and a sling for the mom.)

...And I also found some yardage of the Freebird collection from which I have attempted to make pillows for myself. I got it and made a simple non-quilted cover. I have been using the pillow without a cover and yesterday it got little hairs all over it from a post-haircut nap.



oh.. I am about halfway done with the applique... I suppose. It's turning out really cute. I especially like the natural thread I used against the green. And since I shouldn't post without a picture, here's a shot I took with my phone when I laid it out and before I started to applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment